Cookbook > Dessert - Recipes
Fairy Cakes are cup cakes that are decorated to look like fairies.
- 125 grams Butter
- 3/4 cup Caster sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract or Lemon extract
- 2 Eggs
- 2 cups Self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup jam
- 1/2 cup Cream, Whip
- Powdered sugar to dust with
- Beat the butter, sugar and vanilla or lemon extract until creamy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Fold in the sifted flour alternately with the milk.
- Three-quarters fill 18 well-greased paper patty cases or well-greased muffin tins.
- Bake at 180°C for 12-15 minutes until well risen and golden. Cool on a cake rack.
- Cut out a small circle in the top of each cake and cut each circle in half. Spoon a little jam in the centre hollow and top with whipped cream. Arrange the "wings" into the cream and dust with icing sugar before serving.
See also Cake